TMA-100 is the first member of NplusT’s TESTMESH, the new engineering tester platform, based on a breakthrough architecture concept.
TMA-100 represents a high-performance, cost-optimized, all-in-one instrument for the development and engineering of novel non-volatile memory technologies.
Evaluation and characterization of single cell devices and test arrays requires:
- Accurate generation of analog waveforms
- Extremely fast current sensing
- Algorithmic execution of complex write/erase/set/reset procedures
The combination of these tasks and their fast execution is a crucial factor, in order to perform millions and even billions of cycles in a reasonable time: using traditional instrumentation it might take years! TMA-100 especially architected for this tasks can reduce those times by 3-4 orders of magnitude by:
- Arbitrary and algorithmic, 200MHz waveform generators with dynamic impedance control and with pulse selection in microseconds
- Fast current sensing circuits with setup time below microsecond and sampling speed in the dozens of nanosecond domain
- Current measurement range switch time in microseconds, essential to obtain write pulses and suitable read scales
- Threshold-programmable one-bit ADC to detect if the cell reached the desired state (sense amplifier emulation)
- Flexible, programmable hardware sequencer to reduce the interaction with the software