High performance SSD and other semiconductor based storage devices require:
• Optimized flash management algorithms to overcome the technology weaknesses of the NAND devices;
• Efficient power strategy to deal with the high current consumption due to the extremely fast interface;
• Perfect layout and interface design suitable to deal with transfer rates in the GHz domain;
• All these features available in the overall application temperature range.
NanoCycler is the best-in-class, cost effective solution targeting:
• the exploration of the NAND memories and providing essential information for the correct SSD design;
• reliability, functional and performance screening of the NAND devices before assembly.
The patented architecture has been designed explicitly for NAND characterization, ensuring the highest performance, lowest cost of ownership and optimized long-term investments. Every package is tested fully independently on the others, in terms of test flows, test conditions, temperature, voltage, frequency; this structure allows to run multiple “experiments” in the same time, unlike traditional parallel test systems, which are forced to run the same test on every package. The low thermal mass of the heating system reduces heating and cooling times, saving overall test costs, and increases thermal accuracy.
NanoCycler is fully scalable, from single-package development systems up to 84-site racks. Multiple racks can be cascaded sharing a central database storing all essential run-time informations and test results.
Highest quality characterization results at the lowest cost and effort – NanoCycler represents future-safe investment to design high-performance reliable mass storage devices.